Saturday, December 15, 2018

I'm A Unicorn aka No Fancy Windlight Day

I wanted to do some shots showing that you can get perfectly credible if not perhaps the most artsy of shots without using Windlight at all. For general day to day wandering around the grid, I don't really bother with Windlight other than basic shaders. Recently my laptop has been overheating some and I don't need to aggravate that problem by using ultra settings all the time. Sure ultra is very pretty and windlight is amazing for photos but it's just too hard on my comp for every day use.  And sometimes I just don't want to take 30 minutes or more trying to get just the right windlight settings.

So, I took some shots of myself in a cute outfit with just Basic Shaders on and then did some post processing work on them. Probably didn't really save myself any time, but oh well, hehe.


Ever since Lelutka updated some of their heads, I finally invested in a Lelutka head. I'm wearing Chloe. I really like my shape/look in this head - it's a bit more mature I think than some of my other heads/looks and perhaps more classically "looks like a model". In general I tend to favor a cuter sort of look, or as Ash says "girl next door" kind of appearaince so this is a change for me.

I've been fiddling with different skins and so on and right now I really love this one by YS & YS. It's the Kiki skin applier and I was really impressed with what you get in the applier, several eyebrow shades, several shadows and lipsticks as well as moles and blush combinations.  I've been wearing the eyeshadow from the skin ever since I bought it as it's just the right amount of shadow for me.


There's something serious and mysterious about my avatar's face in this head, even when I'm doing a rather cute pose. I liked the contrast and didn't even try doing a cuter expression lol.


This sweatershirt is the reason for the title of the post. I love the front and how cute it is. I did slip on a pair of shorts with it though I'm sure it would be fine without. Don't forget your undies though!


Here's the full length look, I'm wearing Iberis thigh high footwear from #Empire and used their generous hud to echo the pink and white of the sweater.



I am absolutely in love with this new hair by Truth, the Mitzi hair. It's so chic and just the right length between really short and my usual super long do. You also get styling options for the bangs and side hair. You can ether swoop the bangs over or let them fall gently like I have it, and the side can either be tucked behind like this or in front. Amazing job, Truth.

You are probably wondering what I did in post editing. There's some things I didn't try to fix like the way my choker is a bit sideways in the shot above. Yeah I could fix that or change how it fitted before I shot the photo but I think sometimes there's a real push to be too perfect on blog pictures. Perfection is all very well, but at some point, we need to see how the garment really looks. And unfortunately, sometimes necklaces go caterwonky.

So, otherwise, a lot of what I did , I've been doing for years. I sharpened things up, smoothed things out, did some blending to adjust the lighting and color, added some burn tool shadows. That's about it really. Just a little, not even that much.

And for comparison's sake, here's a photo taken the same day, within 20 minutes of the others with full windlight and so on going on.


As you can see, you get a lot more mood and "atmosphere" with windlight than without. As always your mileage may vary.

Here's the credits!

Basics:
Body - Maitreya Lara 4.1
Shape - Glam Affair Chloe II (comes with the full purchase of the skin) modified heavily.
Head - Lelutka Chloe
Skin: YS & YS - Kiki tone 2 and matching body applier
Eyes: S0ng Inka mesh eyes in Unicorn
Ears: Magic Pixie ears by Swallow 
Hair: Mitzi hair by Truth in Selection (light blond)

Attire:
Sweatershirt Fatpack by Seniha
Parker Shorts by Mooh!
Iberis Heels by #Empire

Jewelry:
The Robyn Hand bracelet by Amala
Love You Bento rings by Spotcat
Elegant Heart Choker V2 - Pink Opal/Pink/Steel by Zuri's Jewelry
Dangle Heart Earrings - Pink Opal/Pink/Steel by Zuri's Jewelry
Noa Necklace set by AvaWay

Appliers:
Lipstick - Dazzle by Pink Fuel for Lelutka
Nail Polish - Pink Winter by Alme
Hairbase for Truth by Izzie's

Other:
Mesh Nails by #Empire
Stripper Dust by Cynful


My backdrop is part of the Kardashia backdrop by Minimal currently @ The Men's Department
All poses are by Foxcity, assorted I couldn't tell you which ones lol, but all of theirs are great!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Hello there, thanks for looking at my blog. The blog itself tells you about me so have a read if you don't mind.