Sunday, January 27, 2019

Melancholy Baby - Art and Life

I'm trying to find a better naming convention for my posts so that those of you who come by to read or look at fashion can choose what posts to look at more easily. If you're not interested in me wittering on about myself then you can skip the Art and Life posts I guess. But you'd be missing out.

Anyway.


Shortly after the first of the year, there was quite a lot of drama in my second life. I won't go into it in a lot of detail, but suffice to say it has left me feeling blue and sad and tired. I am also susceptible to seasonal affective disorder and that has made me also sad and blue and tired. I found myself wanting to express that through second life photograph and these photos are the outcome.

The backdrop is an absolutely wonderful (imho) skybox set by Milk Motion, currently at Collabor88 through February 6, 2019. The Loft skybox set comes inclusive in a very reasonably priced skybox with vines, lights, build, rain and more or in pieces if you prefer.

The minute I saw this build, I knew it was perfect for my moody feelings.


It's no secret I'm a big fan of Foxcity poses and I went looking for a pose set from them which might also help me express the feelings and emotions I felt inside. I found this "Melancholy" pose set from the brand and it was perfect for what I wanted. You can snag it here from marketplace.

As for my outfit, I'll be doing a Fashion post for that soon and will add the link here when I do. My dress is by Pink Cream Pie, jewelry by Earthtones, Swallow, Amala and MarmaladeGirlNy. Hair is by Monso.


I've been so sad lately, but I keep breathing. I keep moving. I keep hoping. I keep praying. Sometimes it seems as if I'm slogging my way through mud, through rain and wind. But I'm still here. There's still love in the world, in my world, and that's reason enough for me.



I used brushes to enhance the rain effects because it didn't quite come through in still photography. I used one of Satomi's windlight settings as well as one of Foxcity's skinfx add ons to achieve the lighting and look I wanted. I believe it was from volume II but truthfully I don't remember.

Thanks for reading. ♥ Lovely


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Hello there, thanks for looking at my blog. The blog itself tells you about me so have a read if you don't mind.