Monday, June 11, 2018

Two best cures

I went looking for quotes about sleep because I wanted to write about my own constant battles with regard to sleep. And I found this.

And I thought, well that's so damn true, really. Both are a kind of release, and a kind of refreshment for the mind and soul. Even an orgasm isn't the refreshment that a laugh or a long sleep can be.

Today I had a long sleep. It was for once cool out, and I try not to run the air conditioner and mostly do fine with fans. I'm from the south and I acclimate much more easily to heat than I do to cold. I don't even sweat that much.

But it was cool, in the high 60's and raining. I had my windows open so the cool rainy breeze blew in and the rain pattered and pounded on my patio and I *slept*. For me sleep feels like the holy grail sometimes. That unreachable mythical thing I can never get or find or keep.

So it was precious. I woke to do the things like drink water, and then directly back to sleep with a breeze in my face and just the right amount of light covers wrapped around me. I woke up at last, truly awake and felt renewed. I felt better than I have in days, with very little pain and not the weird sense of tightness inside me. It felt like a blessing.

It won't last, these moments of feeling good don't any more. But I cherish it while I have it. I'll take a long shower in a bit and put on clean clothes and there I'll be.

For the moment, cured.


Took these two shots last night before I logged off. Caught my avi with her eyes closed thought well I'll save it.



top is by candy kitten, hair by wasabi, skin and lips by pink fuel, ears by swallow, eyes by euphoric, body glitter by avenge, heart particles by cole's corner.

avaunt ye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Hello there, thanks for looking at my blog. The blog itself tells you about me so have a read if you don't mind.